Sketchup failed to open document error

I fixed the incorrect tag usage…
Screenshot - 1_24_2023 , 3_54_53 AM

And purged the unused stuff in your file…
Screenshot - 1_24_2023 , 3_57_49 AM
(Why are you hoarding all those components?)

There are loads of excessively oversized materials. I resized about 60 of them. All of that reduced the file size by 71% but it’s still a ridiculously large file for what it shows.

Many of the materials shouldn’t be textures at all. They are just plain colors. Others really shouldn’t be there at all because they can’t actually be seen in the model space. There are a number of components that could stand to be cleaned up more.

Most of your walls and many other surfaces are incorrectly oriented. There should be no exposed blue back faces. Applying materials to them is not the fix. You should reverse the faces so their white front faces are out.

Here’s the file. It still needs a lot of help. Don’t add any more to it until you clean up the obese components and fix the face orientations or you’ll be back in the same situation with an unusable model.

Thank you so much. will do the clean up right now! thank you!

@DaveR Hi, I had a doubt.
you told me you resized many of the materials used; like about 60 of them. How do I do that?
And what all can I do to clean up the file and reduce file size?

I guess he did it with Extension:
Search material resizer | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

Window>>Model Info>> Statistic >> Purge Unused

1 Like

You have a 832 MB file with 16 millions edges, you need to be patient, the file will open. And you have to learn not to insert everything you find in 3D Warehouse into your model. At least look for low-poly models or better, create them yourself as light as possible.

And it could help you to have only one or two tags on when you work or before you close your file.

1 Like

@mihai is correct.

After fixing incorrect tag usage …
Screenshot - 1_28_2023 , 6_58_00 AM
… purging unused stuff …
Screenshot - 1_28_2023 , 7_03_13 AM
… twice …
Screenshot - 1_28_2023 , 7_10_26 AM
… and resizing 71 excessively large materials, file size is reduced by 55%. It’s still huge and needs more cleaning. There are still a lot of edges and faces that need to be cleaned up.
Screenshot - 1_28_2023 , 7_13_42 AM

1 Like

Thank you for the revert. Will do the needful

thank you, will keep them in mind.