Sketchup Community Page on Laptop

Hello and good morning!

I cannot click on anything on the Sketchup Community page on my laptop. There is no scroll bar on the side either. The pointer is there, but nothing is “clickable”. I dont have this problem on my android phone. It is the only page on my laptop that doesnt work. Any ideas?

Another few questions: (i am using Sketchup free)

Is it possible to somehow get sketchup components/files to the Cricut software?

How do you get 2d views of your components (not floor plans)?

I’m attaching a pic to display what i am hoping to achieve. The project is not mine. I tried to google this question before coming here.

Thanks for your help!

What browser are you using on your laptop?

What sort of file types can be imported into the Circut software? Can it import SketchUp files? .stl? .png? If so, you can use one of those file types. If not you will likely need to upgrade to SketchUp Go or SketchUp Pro which have vector file output.

How are you planning to use the SketchUp model?

Go to the Scenes panel on the right, set the Camera to Parallel Projection and choose the appropriate standard view.

Thanks for your response and patience. I am not tech savvy (but im gonna be!)

Google chrome

Cricut compatible files are jpg, gif, png, bmp, svg, and dxf

My components are models of miniature cabinets. They are mostly square boxes that I would like to cut on the Cricut and then glue together.

I am attaching a photo of a planter box that I am making. Is there a way to get this box into individual pieces like the previous photo I sent without having to manually lay each piece down?

My goal is to get this planter box into flat(?) pieces and then export that file to cricut.

Well, try the .png export from SketchUp Free and see how that goes.

Yes, in SketchUp Pro. Not in SketchUp Free, though.

Thanks, Dave.

I dont have a problem switching to Pro and have been considering it for awhile.

My question is how do you get the pieces laid out in 2d? Is that not available in Free? Is it merely a click of a button in Pro? What is the process to get the pieces in 2d?

In the free version you would have to lay them out manually.

You’d have to use an extension.

Alright. So, when I switch to Pro, what is the extension? What is an extension? Are there various extensions to choose from for this process? Is there a video that you can point me to that would describe the process of what I am trying to achieve?

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series. It covers the basics for each tool.

Thanks so much for your response. I did complete the Sketchup Fundamentals. That was suoer helpful when I first started.

I’m having an issue figuring out how to get components from 3d to 2d and then exporting that to another program. I guess from Dave’s responses, I can export as a png.

Now all I have to figure out is what an extension is and how to make that extension work. Guess I’m back to googling and youtube.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

Try this site: TheSketchUpEssentials - YouTube

Thanks again. I appreciate your responses. I have been on his channel many, many times in the past when I was first figuring out how to use sketchup.

I’m just stuck now on moving files from sketchup to another program. I will take a look and see if he has an videos on what an extension is and how to move components from 3d to 2d and then export them.

Thanks again for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.