SketchUp asking me to download files

Hi!

My problem is that when I try to “Add Location” SketchUp asks me to download a file, addlocation.html when I do it just opens as a blank page. I have the basic free software which I downloaded yesterday. This means I can’t go on with operation. I thought it might be how it is interacting with FireFox Mozilla or I am missing some files?

Previously in a different operation it asked me download a configure.html file. I can’t remember where but that might be relevant.

I have tried googling this problem and searching the forum. I had a tutorial today and the teacher had no idea what was happening.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit operating system. Not sure what other information might be useful to know sorry.

Thanks for your help in advance!

SketchUp uses the internet explorer for displaying webdialogs, try to update your internet explorer and clear the internet cache in its preferences. (Firefox has nothing to do with this)

Yes it sounds like a firewall issue, perhaps.

Thank you both for replying. I have fixed the problem and your answers helped thanks! It turns out there are some faulty windows updates I needed to uninstall… And I needed to change my internet options so Sketch Up opens Firefox not Internet Explorer.

Thanks again.