Sketchup and AMD r5 2400g APU

I just built a pc with AMD 2400g apu on a asrok AB350 Pro4 board with 8gigs of ddr4 3200mhz ram. The main purpose for this build is to do regular daily tasks with occasional AutoCad and light 3D modeling .
however, when i start up google sketchup , it says the program can not run and need discrete gfx units. now i understand the build has no gpu but shouldn’t the apu at least be able to run sketchup ?
any one know any fix to this issue? i am on a very tight budget and cant really afford something like a rx550 or 1050 right now .
I have updated the bios to latest version. Installed all required drivers and software for the apu to
work . Ryzen master and latetest Chipset and latest radeon adrenalin softwear . What am i missing here?

You can run off integrated graphics as long as they can run Open GL 3 so you will need to check that.

By the way, it hasn’t been Google SketchUp for a number of years. SketchUp was sold by Google to Trimble Inc.

Versions of desktop SketchUp starting with 2017 (I think) have increased demands on the computer’s graphics capabilities, compared to earlier versions of SketchUp. This has caused headaches for a fair number of users (primarily those running Windows platforms).

Run the Checkup utility and add the .sulog file (that is written to your Desktop) to the first post in this thread.

Be sure to read ALL the instructions on the CheckUp download page, so we don’t have to answer questions already answered in the instructions. (Ie, it explains how to read the results.)

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Sketchup and AMD r5 2400g APU:

I have a similar problem witch amd 2400g, I add the results of the verification, maybe I guess where the problem is? the sketchup turns on perfectly but does not work hardware acceleration: / all drivers/bios latest…

Results:

Error: Something went wrong while retrieving the system information from your computer. This may cause tests regarding System RAM, Windows version and/or graphics card memory to fail.
Error: Graphics card information is missing.
Success: System RAM requirement has been met!
Success: Operating system version requirement has been met!
Success: Graphics card OpenGL requirement has been met!
Success: Graphics card Hardware Acceleration requirement has been met!

The Checkup program found some errors (listed above). You may need to take some action in order to run SketchUp 2018.

Check file:
SketchUpLog.sulog (72.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.