See you there!

3 Likes

Should be kind of a BIG lawn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight;
I wish I may, I wish I might,
See this virus gone tonight…

Pretty much sums up the Trump administration’s response to the Coronavirus.

6 Likes

For that to happen you have to be willing to look at the stars in the first place.
If not it’s even worse, :wink:

1 Like

Last time I looked at a star
it had a coro… :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Well six months in and we are still fighting this thing, no surprise given the national response here in the US (or lack thereof).

I guess there probably won’t be any decisions made as to when we might expect the next Basecamp until the virus either begins to subside or we get an effective vaccine.

My hope is for next year about this time.

2018 and its Basecamp seems so distant in the rear view mirror now, amazing how things can change so dramatically.

4 Likes

I think the planning takes more than a year so I have little hope for next year :frowning: .

1 Like

It’s been a strange morning here, my phone kept trying to wake me up to get to the airport for a flight to Vancouver. I must have been going to something there next week.

7 Likes

I never got as far as making the airline reservation, but I left it on the calendar just to remember what else this year was supposed to be.

2 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

4 Likes

my calendar too :sob:

I never added any travel to my calendar, but after I’ve betalat skatt I’m supposed to be in Vancouver :frowning: . Fingers crossed for next Basecamp.

I had a really bad feeling about this thing the first week of March. Unfortunately, my gut feeling was right and this whole thing became a real mess. It’s September now and I’m really hoping we can get a vaccine by the end of the year and maybe get things back to normal, especially here in the States.

I’m really bummed we won’t have a Basecamp this year but I am excited that we are at least doing the virtual Basecamp, that is a little ray of sunshine in a dark night.

I was setting up my travel plans and booth plans back in February, but of course that all went out the window with this pandemic.

Looking forward to the next Basecamp (2022)?

1 Like

Yeah, the vaccine may be developed by the end of the year. BUT how log to produce and distribute???

1 Like

Several have been developed, are being produced, and are being distributed on a global level. This is good news for Basecamp 2022!

1 Like

Probably by summer we will mostly back to normal but right now things are getting really ugly, especially here in the States. People really can’t afford to lax up just yet.

1 Like

It sounds like international travel won’t be back to normal till the whole world is vaccinated, and that may not be til 2022 anyway, so good timing for next Basecamp.

1 Like

Hopefully these vaccines make all the difference. I would really like to have our lives back to normal by 2022. With these new variants popping up I’m beginning to wonder about this year and even next year. Hopefully the vaccines are able to be modified as necessary so they are effective across all variants of the virus.

I hope the world comes together to stomp out this virus once and for all, but I’m worried rich countries will open up as soon as they are adequately vaccinated, while the virus is still widespread elsewhere, giving the virus a chance to mutate and come back.

5 Likes

You are probably not too far off on that one. Look what is happening in India right now, we’ve got another surge and it appears to be driven by yet another variant. We need the whole world to vax up or we are going to be playing wack-a-mole for at least another five years.

I was optimistic about this year and the rescheduled 2022 Basecamp but with all these new variants popping up and so much vaccine hesitancy I’m starting to wonder about how things are going to play out. Europe and India are getting pounded again, it’s just a matter of time before the US and Canada are next.

How do we get this to all end?