SketchUp 2021

If you have been submitting the BugSplats with identifying info, the support staff will get back to you - they take the reports seriously especially for the combination of a new SU release on a new OS release.

Unfortunately, BugSplat is name of a 3rd party utility that SketchUp uses to capture and report crashes. I don’t think they can change that.

When you sent in the bugsplat, did you include your name or your email address, so that I can look at the crash details?

Would it be possible for me to try one of your small files that cause crashes?

Hey Steve

I submit the bugsplats with identify info (3 times), it’s very curious, at this moment I work for 1 hour in the same file without problems…
3 hours ago I have 6 bugsplats in 50 min… really strange…

(You really get to hate that bug when you have some bugsplats…)

Thanks for your respond…

Cedric

Is it possible that the fault is not in the operation of the SU but in the disproportionate use of computer resources? I have had similar troubles, then I remember a stack of programs (Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, CorelDRAW, AutoCad, Blender and others) running in the background. After closing, things usually return to normal. :grinning:

Hi there

There was nothing running in the back…
That’s what make it so weird…

At this moment I can work for about 1.5 hour without splat issues… fingers crossed…

Hey Colin

I include my name and mailadress on report…

Here I send you the file where I had the issues, it was especially in the beginning and especially when I was using the follow me tool (3 times bugsplat), 1 bugsplat while using push pull, 1 bugsplat during saving file and 1 bugsplat out of the blue…: I guess I report 2 or 3 bugsplats (definitely the one with the follow me tool…)

In 2020 I never had a bugsplat ( or maybe once but long time ago…)
NOTE: I updated my Mac to Big Sur and I updated from 2020 to 2021…
I only installed the profile builder 3 and quantifier pro as extension at this moment, in 2020 I use 3 skeng and VRAY 5 also…

Thanks for your respond…

BARCELONA HOUSE.skp (1.05 MB)

Thanks for the file.

I found the crash report from your name.

I’m not sure if this is a bug in SU2021 or because I still have SU2020/SU2019/SU2018 installed on my machine? When I navigate to a folder with SketchUp native file format resources in, the icon displayed hasn’t been updated to the newly released designs?

I’m not saying it’s the reason for your bugsplats, but you do have lot of component instances making up the thread of the bolts that are somewhat insignificant to the view of the model.
It can be important to keep the level of detail appropriate to how you will use the model, modeling all the hardware may not be what you need if your are building an entire house.

Hi Box

I know, but the bugsplats I have before I was using the bolts and so…

This is no file to build a home but just a draft to develop something for a customer…

At this moment I have no issues anymore with the bugsplats in the file… it seems how bigger how better…

I have files where where I have thousands of components instances and millions of edges and faces that in 2020 work like a dream…

My opinion is that it may not be in a file like this that I have bugsplats, I hope they can solve it….

I think it’s the combination of MAC BIG SUR and SKP 2021…

grtz

1 Like