Sketchup 2020 Installation throwing an Operating System is not adequate error

When attempting to install Sketchup 2020.2 using either the regular or offline installer I get an error of “The operating system is not adequate for running SketchUpPro”. This is on a Windows 10 2004 64-bit machine that has an Nvidia GPU. Is there an installation flag or something that I can use to skip the OS check? Sketchup 2019 installs without issue.

Just checking, but is it an Insiders build? I have installed SketchUp on that build ok, I was curious whether 2004 was public yet.

No it is the version of Windows 10 that came out in May.

I see now, that official release was 2004 19041.264. The Insider’s build I am on is 200710-1419. They keep moving along.

I will ask others for ideas about the error message.

I was given an email address by the person who bought the software and when I reached out to them they sent the 2020.1 installer. And while that got past the OS check it failed with a SQL null error. I tried it on multiple machines. Is there a MSI for the 2020.2 installer available anywhere? If so I can just create a quick MST file that bypasses the LaunchCondition check.

Actually I found the 2020.2 MSI and yeah same as the 2020.1 it throws a MSI install error. I can provide the entire MSI install log if you need. But here is where it throws the error in the log.

MSI © (3C:AC) [14:39:41:925]: Doing action: RemoveRegistryValues
Action 14:39:41: RemoveRegistryValues. Removing system registry values
Action start 14:39:41: RemoveRegistryValues.
MSI © (3C:AC) [14:39:41:928]: Note: 1: 2235 2: 3: BinaryType 4: SELECT BinaryType,Root,Key,Name, null, Component_, null, null, null, Component.Attributes FROM RemoveRegistry,Component WHERE Component=Component_ AND (Action=1 OR Action=2) ORDER BY BinaryType, Root, Key
Error 2235. Database: . Column ‘BinaryType’ not present or ambiguous in SQL query: SELECT BinaryType,Root,Key,Name, null, Component_, null, null, null, Component.Attributes FROM RemoveRegistry,Component WHERE Component=Component_ AND (Action=1 OR Action=2) ORDER BY BinaryType, Root, Key.
MSI © (3C:AC) [14:39:43:915]: Product: SketchUpPro – Error 2235. Database: . Column ‘BinaryType’ not present or ambiguous in SQL query: SELECT BinaryType,Root,Key,Name, null, Component_, null, null, null, Component.Attributes FROM RemoveRegistry,Component WHERE Component=Component_ AND (Action=1 OR Action=2) ORDER BY BinaryType, Root, Key.

Action ended 14:39:43: RemoveRegistryValues. Return value 3.
MSI © (3C:AC) [14:39:43:916]: Doing action: SetupCompleteError

Same error here today with the 2020.2 msi, whether on a VM or the intended lab computers with GPU.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.