Did someone force you to buy this software ? If so, you might have to get a lawyer.[quote=“CEMartin64, post:183, topic:33695”]
before their customers go and find OR CREATE a new and BETTER product!
Competition is always good for business.[quote=“CEMartin64, post:183, topic:33695”]
- Your Help area needs critical work!
Most of the software I use doesn’t ‘read’ user’s minds, so it is alway’s ‘guessing’ what precise information he would need via the knowledge center. You will have better luck on fora like these, where a whole bunch of people are involved in building a (civilized) community around SketchUp and not specifically by SketchUp.
Back where I came from, we have a saying, something like : “Wie vraagt, wordt overgeslaagd” (quod qui quaerit de percussum)
I learned that a great way of learning software is by following a course or buy books written by experienced users.
2) : I don’t think that there where major changes regarding GUI or looks.
3) : Which experts do you mean ? They are all around here. If you have technical problems, please contact support
If you have any workflow-specific questions, use this forum ( but please, do not demand…)
4) computers are designed to ‘remember’ things like account information etc. At first, I thought you would need some secret password to join a group or website and that all members would share the same password ( like we had when we were young and had secret groups, only those who knew the secret password got to join in) Turns out, everybody has their own! I wouldn’t want the same login-information for this discourse-forum and SU. In fact, I use several login- accounts on SU, depending on what I am doing for whom.
5) : most often, dramatically improvements come with a shock, so you might reconsider point 2)
In general, it’s always good practice to ask for one thing at the time at a civilized manner.
qui bona non bene occurrit