The ∞ SketchUp Wish List

2 (Related) Feature requests:

1. I wish there were a way to tell SU to not allow geometry to move below a certain threshold. Since my models use a precision of 1/16", it would be great if SU would warn me about movements that are less than this threshold (or simply prevent such movements).

2. Since there have been many posts over many years from users who have found their geometry has mysteriously gone “out of alignment” or such, and since there have been many, many posts from the sages to encourage people to use components / groups, I would like to suggest that Shapes (rectangle, circle, etc.) be automatically turned into a component when drawn. Then, if the user tries to use Push / Pull on the face, they could be presented with a dialog box asking if they want to edit the shape. If not for Pro / Make, then at least consider this for the web version…

Both of these occurred to me as ways to help prevent the kinds of errors that newbies (and even others of us) so often make (see: Coplanar lines don't intersect). Something simple like this could really help increase the usability of SU.

1 Like