The ∞ SketchUp Wish List

Mouse wheel up and down to control zoom speed like Unreal and other 3D programs. Sketchup doesn’t have to handle the speed. Sometimes the speed is TOTALLY not what I want. For instance I am trying to zoom out just a tiny bit on a interior and I hit a wall I get stuck in zoom hell.

Hold right mouse to mouse look then WASD to navigate. A and D pan and W and S move in and out.

1 Like

You can do this (sort of) with a Space Navigator and their mouse.

I thought I would hate the Ribbon until I took the time to learn it. One click it folds up one click it folds down. I can’t believe some of you are still stuck in the mud.

1 Like

Resistance to change it’s called.

I’ve had to move between setups a few times in a matter of months and it has made me wish SketchUp had a much more centralized way of managing everything. Ideally, a one-click way to move preferences, styles, workspace, plugins, materials, templates, hotkeys, trays/toolbars, etc. all at once.

1 Like

I wish I could create a “cutting component”, which is really cutting through everything. Nested objects, regardless of its position in the outliner. And I can move this component, and it will still work. And it works in all three dimensions. And it will work with section cuts and fills. Just native.

As described here: Redesign "cut opening" to "cutting components"

1 Like

Please don’t double post.

the ribbon is incredibly screen wasteful (talking MS experience here) forcing me to show functions I will never use [eg Styles] . I can live with other people thinking its the bees knees but please give us the option to customise the interface to show what we need and not tons of irrelevant rubbish.

1 Like

I want a BIM module for advanced users of SketchUp 2019, so you do not need to use dozens of plugins.
I would like the next version of SketchUp to have a more efficient management of bim elements, such as levels, walls, slabs and so on.
I really like SketchUp, I’d rather not need other software for my projects.

4 Likes

I would like to see the ability to use other map source for georeferencing via WMS-Services.

I would like to see fixed extension lines for dimensions in LayOut. It takes alot of time to strech the lines back. If you have alot of dimensions the drawing get messy quite quickly. In order to have a clean drawing I have to adjust every dimension. It is very time consuming. So I wish a there came a butten to fix the dimension line to a particular distance.

More like this:

5 Likes

SU

• Real-time rendering; They should buy over ENSCAPE3D (https://enscape3d.com/) and implement it in SU2019
  • MATERIAL more controls on MAC, like you have in WIN

LO

• more options/ controls for placing and managing dimensions
1 Like

Why don’t you set the dimension extension lines as needed before you place all of them? Once you’ve set up the gap for the extension lines in either your template or at least for the first dimension, all the rest should follow. If you’re always making the same change, it should be part of your template.

Be specific. What options/controls?

1 Like

Dynamic components encryption.
That’s all what I want,Thanks.:grinning:

Shortcut settings export and inport between languages…
Till 2017 I’m sure, and not really after that…
If you export your shortcuts in english version of sketchup and then import it in any other language it wouldn’t work… Shortcuts are imported and listed but in english… So if you have set up a shortcut for context menu => make group … sketchup in spanish will not uderstand that… All menus and submenus are translated andcontextmenu too… Since Shortcuts are really just paths in those menus I guess translating them on import wouldn’t be a big problem. Maybe exporting always translated into english would be solution…

1 Like

Always save the shortcut paths in English internally was my first thought too. Regardless of install languages SketchUp comes with the English texts too.

I agree! I bought the space mouse simply for that reason. It was not cheap either. If they aren’t going to add that feature, it’d be nice to have a 3 mini-maps that use something like the x-ray style and the parallel projection view on each axis. In these maps you can see where you are but and explore you overall project but you could also click-drag-and-drop to a position, kind like the little street view guy in google maps.

2 (Related) Feature requests:

1. I wish there were a way to tell SU to not allow geometry to move below a certain threshold. Since my models use a precision of 1/16", it would be great if SU would warn me about movements that are less than this threshold (or simply prevent such movements).

2. Since there have been many posts over many years from users who have found their geometry has mysteriously gone “out of alignment” or such, and since there have been many, many posts from the sages to encourage people to use components / groups, I would like to suggest that Shapes (rectangle, circle, etc.) be automatically turned into a component when drawn. Then, if the user tries to use Push / Pull on the face, they could be presented with a dialog box asking if they want to edit the shape. If not for Pro / Make, then at least consider this for the web version…

Both of these occurred to me as ways to help prevent the kinds of errors that newbies (and even others of us) so often make (see: Coplanar lines don't intersect). Something simple like this could really help increase the usability of SU.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from SketchUp 2019 : Wish List:

I don’t know if Sketchup got a lock tool. To lock in place the objects, but that can retain the layer properties, like turn on/off.