Sketchup 2019 Feature Requests

I would love a way to extract sketchup vectors into layout vectors, possible with a rebuild function similar to the rebuild function in Rhino. That would help with my drafting workflow. =)

Thanks! I contacted them and they said they would look into it. Maybe it will happen =)

Do you know that you can explode a SketchUp viewport in LayOut to turn its faces and edges into LayOut lines and fills?

As Anssi mentions, you can do this already. Make sure you render the SketchUp viewport as Vector before exploding it. I use this feature frequently to create dashed lines for exploded views and other details. For example:

Well, I assume it’s a flukey thing, but mine does zoom in LayOut, but no pan unfortunately. I roll mine backwards and forwards to zoom. What’s also neat is that it zooms into the point where the cursor is on the page too and “follows” the cursor if I move it while zooming.
It’s something to do with Windows Explorer I think. I assume this because if it doesn’t work all I have to do is bring up explorer over the top of LO and then make LO the top window again and it then works.
But a proper full working version in LO would be really nice too.

Any rumblings as to when SU 2019 will be released? It seems like it is always around this time of the year.

Disregard Sketchup Features and delegate 100% of your efforts on updating LayOut :stuck_out_tongue:

I second this one. Let’s make Layout stronger. The core SU features are pretty good in my opinion, however Layout could still use some augmentation.

Those who know are probably bound to stock company policy not to go public…

Native Bézier curve drawing tool that functions similarly to the ones in Adobe CC.

the possibility of arranging the scenes tabs by clicking and dragging.

Thirded! Make Layout Great.