Sketchup 2018 works in background

Yes, very interesting. Because this process is very short in SU 2016 and 2017.

We tried all the methods we know, but we did not get a result. What other way should be followed?

Did you install your license for SU2018 already?

No, this is trial version.

Oh. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Is there something else going on during loading because it is the demo version? What happens with your internet activity when Sketchup is starting up?

You would be getting the Welcome screen as SketchUp opens, correct? I wonder if the welcome screen image is getting downloaded at that time.

I downloaded SU 2018 from here.
Downloading SketchUp | SketchUp Help.
Could this be the problem?

No I doubt it that’s an official page.

It shouldn’t be. That should be the same file you’d get from the main download page.

I checked, yes, the same file.

I noticed that the other programs in the task manager are running background prosess for the first time, then apps are passing. Therefore, SU 2018 is behaving normally. The problem is that these background processes take a very long time. I think there are some things that the program writers know about this issue. So what does SU 2018 background prosess do for so long?

I don’t see SketchUp running any background processes when I open it. Something is different.

Why are other programs now running background processes on your computer if they weren’t before?

The other programs and SU 2016, SU 2017 is also backround prosess for a very short time. It is seen if the task manager is followed carefully.

For example, SU 2016

SU 2017

a trial version of any software is going to make additional checks before launching

if these are done online, they may even trigger additional antivirus actions

try launching ‘offline’ and see if it’s faster

john

Hımm. You’re right. Thank you very much for the clarifying information.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.