Sketchup 2017 make for non-commercial use

But if you ask nicely I’m sure we can organise some cracked software.

1 Like

Hi,
Every software that is used for your professionnal work is considered as commercial use. Some years ago my company refused to install free softwares whenever there was a commercial version of it for that specific reason.
I believe commercial goes versus personal.

I know you are joking, but that’s unfair. Unowen is asking because he wants to do it right.
And you cannot crack the EULA.

Ha ha :smiley: That’s nice of You. Although my intention is to use software fully legally. Sketchup’s old version with its limitation seemed a good alternative for expensive software dedicated for furniture large busineses. Though the main advantages came from free extension OpenCutList.

I accept all arguments. Thank You for your attention and time.

Thank You for understanding.
Regards to all.

1 Like

Use SketchUp2017 for free and see if it works out.
If it helps you in your business - sign up for Pro.

So you are suggesting he violate the EULA for awhile. Great advice. :roll_eyes:

The Pro 30-day free trial ought to be quite enough for anyone to determine “if it works out”. Original trial time when I started with version 3 was 8 hours. I needed about 15 minutes to get to the “I want this” decision.

4 Likes

I have SketchUp 2017 - make version installed on PC and I’ve tried it out with OpenCutList for couple of days to see if it suits me. It’s not a problem for me to pay for a software I would find useful. I just don’t like the idea of corporates selling only subscriptions without perpetual licenses. I need software i would stick to for a years - constant and reliable. There is no guarantees that price of SketchUp won’t increase significantly in a year or two. The customers are dependent on Trimble’s will. If corporation would like to change interface completely (it happened in a past with Autocad for example), the customers will have to get used to and learn it all over again. After research i found Pro100 witch is dedicated for furniture designing with perpetual license. The prices is equal to 3 years of SketchUp’s subscription, and I can use it later on with no more extra costs and certainty that it will work the same all the time.

Downpayment of 489 +14 months 149= 2575
I would say that’s about 8,5 years of SketchUp Pro, I hope they have a good cost estimator included😅

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

Not sure if we’re talking about the same software of Ecru. It’s 1225 USD vs about 400 of SketchUp year subscription (price in my country including tax)

I checked it and turned out that price of PRO100 in USA is for some reason twice higher than in Poland. That’s the cause of confusion.

I know what you’re saying, Dave. Anssi, too.

Unowen is a small business proprietor. This is more a way of life than an occupation.

By way of example, on the 16th March 2010, I submitted a patent application using Forever Free SketchUp drawings. Was this commercial use? Obviously, I hear you cry.

Today, I am in the process of submitting another patent application, and at my age and with the benefit of hindsight, I think it is nearer the truth to say that my usage is better described as delusional, rather than commercial.

Accordingly, I am more inclined to say that it is not until Mr Unowen cashes his cheques as a result of using SketchUp that he should worry about commercial use.

From what he describes, he already seems to have a going business.

But a business is a commerical concern even if it is a way of life. That doesn’t provide an exception that makes it correct for the user to violate the EULA.

Extending your logic, I stole car but I did it so I can take my grandmother to go see the Grand Canyon so it’s not really stealing.

4 Likes

I think the Layers fee for nit picking the EULA would be more than the license fee.
Probably makes more sense to purchase the license, than to pay for a Lawyer to ultimately tell you you need a license.

3 Likes

Oh, I’m a car thief now. :laughing: :wink:

To be clear, I’m not going to read the EULA. I’m just talking about a “commercial use” restriction. In my dictionary, commerce means “the buying and selling of commodities and services”. So, until you’ve got the cash in your hot little hands, there hasn’t been any commercial use.

I am not a lawyer either, but that is wrong. First, if you get paid using something, it is commercial use regardless if the company sells it or not or if you are working, for instance, in public administration. And, making something to sell it later is commercial. Taking part in an architectural open competition is commercial.

2 Likes

You sure like to twist words.

1 Like

In jest. :grinning:

I agree it would be wrong in your first example. The other two don’t involve money changing hands, though. In extremis, if the village idiot uses Make to design the new Venus Rover and NASA doesn’t award him a contract, is that commercial use? In my opinion, commercial intent doesn’t constitute commercial use. The filthy lucre has to put in an appearance.

I did start out by saying “I know what you are saying”. Emotionally, I feel the same way about people taking liberties with free stuff that I’m paying for. I knew I’d be pushing water up hill. Can I stop flogging this dead horse now?