Sketchup 2017 crashes when saving

Does it crash if you save to your local drive?

No it doesn’t

It could be saving to the card is too slow. The general wisdom for saving to external locations such as Dropbox is to save locally and then copy or move the file. It may be that the same applies to saving to an SD card.

1 Like

Ok thanks!

Hi
I am having exactly the same problem with crashes. I have experimented with the automatic save by changing the times to save. This seems to be the problem as the program crashed at the moment of saving and when restarted starts at the auto save point. I am saving to a standard document file.
I have had to check all drivers and wether it could be the laptop or the new space mouse. Both of which I have aquired within the last few months( about the same length of time as the new sketchup version has been out!)
When I save myself everything seems to work OK.
Message on screen is:
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered.Intel HD Graphics drivers for Windows8(R) stopped responding.
This is generally something which occurs when I am working on a drawing and the auto save time arrives. If no work is going on no crash occurs!

So in your case it crashes because of the graphics card/graphics driver. You might try updating the drivers but Intel HD Graphics cards are well known to be lacking in adequate OpenGL support. If you look at the system requirements for SketchUp, Intel graphics cards are not recommended.

Sketchup make crashes when I try to save this file. However it seems to manage to leave a readable autosave. ( Attached.) Any any advice on actually getting the file to save properly so I can a few different versions?AutoSave_Untitled.skp (1.2 MB)
Running on 2018 Dell xps 15. GTx 1050 Max Q, i7 H 8th Gen, 16GB DDR4 with SSD.