Simple Rendering with soft lighting

No, just using the sun setting from SU.

1 Like

Thank you for all your input. @monospaced I think your solution looks the most like what I was looking to do. But there are so many steps! I will definitely give it a shot and let you know how I did next week. I spent so much time trying to figure it out I’m now behind on my renderings. I will get back to this thread once I have a chance to sort it out. Thanks again!

2 Likes

If you are looking for something where you can get a reasonable photorealistic result at a reasonable price with easy learning curve, I’d explore SU_Podium. I spent a lot of time trying to find a fast, more user-friendly way to render. I previously used Kerkythea a lot, but found Podium would give me better results with a fraction of the time/effort. Podium also has a great library of materials and entourage to populate scenes.

By the way, I think your initial image is quite handsome for not using a rendering add on. I’d explore using the

enscape will do that in a flash with the line rendering option switched on. Sometimes it’s lines are a little bit fuzzy, so there’s also the option of combining a SU hidden line export