Simple dimension display

There is another thread for this …

Not a woodworker myself but Dave Richards uses SketchUp successfully. @DaveR ?

As I noted above, displaying measurements in the UI is a valid request and I’m surprised that it has taken this long to get it implemented. But once more display bounds is a different thing than parametric editing.

Correction, SketchUp has a RectangleTool, but once drawn, it is just 4 edges and a face. There is no rectangle object.

With regard to circles, as soon as circles are edited they often lose their “object identity” and become loose primitive edges. But sure there could be improvement in this area, no doubt.

What you do not realize is how much code change parametric objects would be. You see it as a simple thing but for the programmers it is not. It is a massive undertaking codewise.
Because simple shapes do not stay this way very long, and are quickly edited into complex shapes, the cost of sinking so much time and money into something used so fleetingly is prohibitive. (Most “bang for the buck” as we say.)

It is more likely resources will be used for other features.

I will agree with you here. I’ve seen this myself. It is a policy and not likely to change.