Signing in to Trimble Connect - warning message

Hello,

I am on free web sketchup for the moment. Can’t name or save projects. I saw another comment about this but now can’t locate it. Sorry. Can’t sign in to Trimble. I get a warning message.

Question. Does Sketchup Shop require the same trimble connect situation? I think this file storing is for the birds. Just awful. So many different sites to sign up for and then they don’t communicate with each other. Very unhappy at the moment aside from the fact that the free web design works fairly well.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

What’s the warning message?

Hi DaveR, Here’s the screenshot. This may be just a Safari protection but I hesitate to go forward. I realize the web version enables sharing and this may be why the message appears. But it mentions a “certificate that is not valid”.

I just want to name and save my drawings within the program like I did before.

Thanks for any help.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about with Trimble Connect. I just signed in to my Trimble Connect account and don’t get any sort of warning message. You could investigate to see why Safari thinks you might be trying to go to an imposter site.

If you’re still concerned about it, download your files to your local computer instead.

You can keep doing your SketchUp hobby in any case.

Thanks DaveR. It’s more than a hobby and I will likely upgrade. However, I understand that the shop version will still require Trimble, yes?

If you’re using SketchUp for commercial use, you must use Shop or Pro. SketchUp Free is not licensed for commercial use.

Yes, Shop use Trimble Connect, too.

I know. Thanks.

This is what pops up when I look at the certificate.

Do you have a Google account by any chance? You could try logging in with the Google account and see if that makes a difference.

I think the web version of SketchUp is better with Chrome…

I will try. Thanks.

No go. Who can I contact for actual support? Does anyone know? I lost a project which said it was auto saving as untitled (because I couldn’t name since trimble isn’t cooperating). Honestly, this is ridiculous. Can someone point me toward support who can help?

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.