Showing windows when starting?

When I start my SketchUp 7 I want the window Components is there automatically, but I also want Colors to be there (automatically when I start), how do I choose that?

So when you start your sketchup 7 which is the one prior to SU 7.1 which is the one prior to SU 8, which is the one prior to SU8 MR2 which is roughly about the time that google sold it to trimble, you would like to know how to have the components window and the material window open when you open a new model in a version many times removed from the current one. And you would like the Trimble forum owners to fill you in.
Easy, close SU7 in the format you want with the components window and materials window open and it will open that way next time.

“Easy, close SU7 in the format you want with the components window and materials window open and it will open that way next time.”

It doesn’t.

In some ways MACs behave differently from PCs.
PCs have long remembered opened dialogs and toolbars across sessions.
I think that MACs do now, but perhaps in v7 they did not ?
I don’t have a version that old to try it…
Why can’t you upgrade to a SketchUp version that is “half-decent” instead of trying to fix your failing old-thing ?

Ok.

When I try to upgrade it says:
“It looks like you’re license has been deactivated and is not eligible for upgrade.”

And I’m too poor to buy a new license for $590 USD.

If you are a non-commercial ‘hobbyist’ get the trial version of v2015 Pro, it reverts to v2015 Make [aka Free] after 30 days…
You are no worse off ?
You do get the latest version and what you want about open dialogs too…
Two installed versions can coexist on the same computer, so you can always uninstall v2015 and go back to your sad olde v7 if you really love it too much…