Show us YOUR Quick Win

Same kind of thing for Push Pull too, it remembers the last distance Push/Pulled when you double click with the tool, if anyone didn’t realise that.

@eric-s Nice 2018 Basecamp presentation btw, a good watch.

Yeah… that’s a great ‘hidden’ function… I did a QW on that a few months ago → Round Edges in SketchUp with Arc Tool - Quick Win - YouTube

Also works for Offset…

3 Likes

Yeah, used it for offset and push pull but never thought to try arcs. Love finding hidden gems after all these years. Keep up the Quick Wins!

Update:

5 Likes

@TheOnlyAaron you could do a quick win about smoothing edges

2 Likes

I can do even better! Here is a Skill Builder covering Soften, Smoothing, and Hidden lines!

1 Like

But a skill builder isn’t a quick win. 4 min vs less than a min.

I know… sorry… feel free to flag that post as Off-Topic…

1 Like

Not at all, just keeping you on track, still a good vid for the thread.

:wink: Thanks for keeping me on track… glad someone is willing to try!

2 Likes

It is a good one though, as @pyroluna mentioned, softening and the resulting mysterious geometry is pretty important. A quick win on understanding that everything is made of flat faces and edges, even when the edges are hidden or smoothed, is one of those eureka moments for many.

1 Like

Cleanup tip

normally you create a group by double clicking on the surface and then grouping the assignment with the right mouse click

However, with a shortcut for grouping (eg “g”) is just one click is needed and then “g”. (you can even group a line)

This is useful when cleaning up surfaces whose lines that do not adjoin other surfaces can be removed.

click on the surface, press “g” and press delete

‘g’ is the default keyboard shortcut for Make Component.

1 Like

I use Ctrl+G for groups for the reason Box mentioned.

Thanks @MikeWayzovski!

10 Likes

Many thanks

image https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/gif-obrigado-9.gif

Learned from @pyroluna, who learned from @eneroth3 who learned from?

3 Likes

My source …
https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17315&p=381433&hilit=Select#p381433

Duh! :smiley:

Who found out by poking around?

I honestly can’t remember where I learned this but I remember I read it somewhere.