Several newbie questions

Hi,

I am a newbie both to Sketchup and this community, and I have several “newbie” questions.NEW TRY ON New Boston Field.skp (1.7 MB)

I am attempting to design a new baseball stadium and have gotten stuck. If you look at the model, you will see the left-field stands are blank. The reason is that if I fill in the crowd on the front, it also shows the same exact thing on the back. I wanted to do a crowd on the front of the bleachers and bricks on the back of the facade, but it has been all or one, either crowd or bricks on both sides. I am sure there is a way to do it, but have no idea.

Also, I want the ballpark to sit at the edge of Boston Harbor. How do I go about putting a picture of the harbor behind the stadium? Thanks very much for any help that can be provided.

Your blank stadium is in a group. Double-click on it to edit the group, then paint each face with the correct texture. Your other stands should be groups or components too to stop stuff sticking together.

Have a look at the tutorials at https://learn.sketchup.com/
After the fundamentals, The SketchUp for Landscape & Site Design shows similar stuff to what you’re doing there, including materials.

Thanks!!!