Sending to layout

Attempting to send design to layout but it is not sending or not sending the correct design. help

What is really happing? Show us something from LayOut to show what you are seeing. Can you share the .skp file so we can see what you’ve got.

When you installed SketchUp and LayOut did you right click on the downloaded installer and select Run as administrator?

its on my toolbar, I did a section plane and select send to layout but it sends the entire design

Did you create a scene that shows the section plane? After adding the section plane did you update the style?

Again, share the .skp file se we can see what you’ve actually set up and help you get it sorted out.

it’s telling me i can only upload 16mb

So upload to DropBox or Google Drive and share the link.

unable to send to google drive…, not sure how to upload to dropbox

Go to https://www.dropbox.com/, set up a free account. then upload your file and share the link.

have a dropbox already not sure how to get my picture there, having issues sharing it period that my additional big problem…

You should be able to drag and drop your .layout and .skp files into Drop Box or use the Upload button.
Screenshot - 10_12_2021 , 2_22_02 PM

when I save the view of the design I want to go to layout it sends a different view to layout.

Save the LayOut file immediately after the view shows on the page and upload the LayOut file. Also upload the .skp file and share that link.

It shouldn’t be this difficult.

It shouldn’t be I agree not sure what the technical issues are. sent the .skp to dropbox and the file could not be open

You’re not supposed to open the .skp file from DropBox. You’re suppose to get and share the link to the file.

There. That wasn’t really so hard was it? I’ll look at the .skp file but it would help if you’d also share the .layout file so we can see what you are getting when you send it to LayOut.

I’m going to guess that you are expecting this view. It’s the one set up to show when I opened the .skp file.

But you are seeing this which is the view you established with the only scene in the model.

If you want the first view I showed, create a scene in SketchUp showing that scene. I did that and this is what the initial viewport looks like in LayOut.

1 Like

yes this is the view I want to share with someone

The second view is what keep showing up in layout even after the 1st view was created

By the way, you should get in the habit of proper tag usage and purging unused stuff from the model. Here I’ve fixed the the incorrect tag usage and purged unused. This resulted in about a 56% file size reduction. Makes it small enough to easily be uploaded directly in the forum.
Screenshot - 10_12_2021 , 3_10_25 PM

I saved it with the new scene. Try sending it to LayOut now.
Screenshot - 10_12_2021 , 3_10_47 PM

Liv’s bathroom3 purged.skp (7.9 MB)