Section Fill missing?

My “Scenes” dialog box doesn’t include a checkbox for Section Fill. My menu pull-down under “View” also doesn’t have a “Section Fill” option. Where is it hiding?

What version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile is incomplete on the subject and you don’t say.

Section Fill doesn’t appear in the Scenes dialog box. If you are using SketchUp 2018 Pro, it would show in the Styles edit dialog.
Screenshot - 1_31_2018 , 11_51_55 AM

Thanks Dave -

I’m using 2017 Pro on a 2010 Mac. Is “Section Fill a new feature in 2018? I suspect that the graphics card isn’t capable of running 2017 (crashes every time I close a file) so I’m reluctant to accept my upgrade to 2018.

Thanks
Robert

Robert Drucker Architect
3226 Northwest 69th Street, Seattle Washington 98117
Certified Sustainable Building Advisor
LEED Accredited Professional
Registered Architect
w.206.706.5740
robert@rdruckerarchitects.com

Yes. Section Fill is new in SU2018.

SketchUp 2018 won’t be any easier on the graphics card than SU2017 so you may be correct.

v2017 had AA turned off and that’s now fixed…

v2018 runs much better on my 2007 iMac with an ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB…

the crashing is more likely to be vRay, Podium or another extension…

john

@john_drivenupthewall is most likely right. The majority of crash on quit cases I have heard about were from issues with extensions (in some cases due to an underlying bug in SketchUp, but it took a particular extension behavior to trigger the bug). Try disabling your extensions and see if the crashes cease. Then re-enable them half at a time to see what combination brings back the crashes.

That’s good news - thank you!

Robert

Robert Drucker Architect
3226 Northwest 69th Street, Seattle Washington 98117
Certified Sustainable Building Advisor
LEED Accredited Professional
Registered Architect
w.206.706.5740
robert@rdruckerarchitects.com

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.