Scenes NOT Updating Information

Hi, I’m having trouble with my scenes. I makes changes in one Scene and hit the update button but then all the other scenes do not reflect the added furniture/etc that I have added to the model. I have even created components, but then I go to another scene and I can’t add those components! What is going on? I have a project due to the printers by Friday morning, so would love help on this asap or else I will not be able to get my project done!

Thank you!
Sasha

How about sharing the SKP file so we can see exactly what’s going on? There are several possible reasons that come to mind.

Hello Sasha,

You received a response asking you to post your model so that other users can review it and offer suggestions based on what is observed. Please note that it is a good policy to review your posts several times after submitting just to ensure that you see any advice in a timely manner. (This is particularly significant when you are facing a time sensitive deadline!) Responsive replies will often be submitted by one of the Sages or other active forum members when an image or model accompanies the post.

You can upload images or a model by clicking the UP pointing arrow icon (7th icon from the left at the top of the Reply box). The max file size for uploaded files is 3 mb per post. If your file is larger than that, you should use a file sharing service such as Dropbox or Google Drive, just to name a few…there are several others that can do the same thing. Be sure to include the url address for the upload link in your post.

If you want to send a PM (Private Message) to a forum member, click on their avatar and then click the blue Message box that appears at the top right of the Summary panel.

Welcome to the SketchUp Community and feel free to ask questions and to post comments.

Hi DaveR!

Thank you SO much for your speedy and timely response! After struggling some more, I realized that I had accidentally created and moved the floor into place on the 60" turning wheel layer which of course, was not turned on on the other Scenes. A very good reminder for myself that Scenes keep whether or not a layer shows up or not so I should always check that first before thinking it might be something else. My machine has been crashing lately, especially while rendering, so thought it might be some other malfunction. I am glad it was not something else.

Thanks again!
Sasha

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.