Same SketchUp you love, a new way to buy

That would have been your active license.
The active license can be transferred and reinstalled perpetually.
If you have traded the active license for a new one, that new version becomes active, and the old one, which you have traded in to get the new one for a discount, can no longer be transferred to a new machine.

This has always been the case (I can go back to my version 5 license from @last:

Because the status say’s ‘Version Upgrade’ I can no longer use it to activate on new machines. I have used it to buy version 6, and then I used that version to trade in version 7 etc.

Again, just like you can with your active version of SketchUp.
On top of that, you can even use the older versions on machines where it has been activated!

With a :rhinoceros: license (that has :cricket: ) you are allowed to use older versions (if you have any), but only one at the time.

With SketchUp, on the other hand, if you’re a Mac guy but also bought a Windows render gig where you installed V-ray 3.6 and SketchUp 2018, you can use the latest version of SketchUp on your MacBook and still can use the old V-Ray on your Windows.

So, instead of contributing to this thread, you continuously keep adding more confusing with unfounded statements and wrong assumptions.
That could be seen as flooding and I will flag them as such.
Mind you, your other account has been suspended for the same reasons, I believe? (adding a question mark, so it is not a comment)

4 Likes