Rotated rectangle hell

I’m using the rotated rectangle tool. I click to commence but on the second click, the program picks the wrong axis and won’t allow me to constrain in the axis I need. I’m making multiples of the same part and other rotated rectangles are drawn as I need them.

why can’t I constrain in the plane I’d like?

Instead of just posting a bunch of profanity why don’t you share the .skp file so we can help you. As it is you haven’t given us a shred of useful information to be able to help you. Since the Rotate Rectangle can be constrained to the desired plane and it is possible to place the rectangle where you need it and with the little bit of information you’ve provided, I have to conclude it’s user error.

1 Like

my apologies. the error of my ways… discouraging when I see how long I spend trouble shooting such basic tasks. I found where I went wrong. My model was flawed but it wasn’t obvious.

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series and Level UP series. They cover the basics for each tool.

For the sake of others who might have a similar issue, it is valuable if you share what you found and how you fixed it.

If so, you should only draw it once, make a component out of it and copy the component…
Seems to me you’re doing more work than necessary…

1 Like