Roll Call: Who's coming to Basecamp?

Thanks Dave!
I wonder why the decision makers would choose to miss capturing this resource?
Seems like a lot of people who can’t attend would eagerly review these materials, I know I would!
Has something changed in the overall philosophy, seems sort of counterproductive?

1 Like

I didn’t have anything to do with the decision but I know the last time the recording of the sessions was very involved and I’d guess not cheap to do. The costs for that would have been rolled into the ticket price for those who attended. I expect it was decided that adding that cost to the ticket price this year was a non-starter. I’m only guessing, of course.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s a combination of past experience, logistics and making basecamp more special. Once you video the whole event, many won’t attend, which is the exact opposite thing to do when hosting an international conference.

I understand the counter of it expanding interest, but likely the recording of the past 5 events has proven otherwise. I’m just spitballing, but seems logical.

@Sonder and @DaveR pretty much got all the points. We really want to experience a face-to-face event like we used to and put all of our energy into that. You guys probably know that we are not opposed to sharing video training materials, but for this event, we wanted to focus on the trainers and attendees who made the trip to Vancouver.

We will be doing some filming and a little live streaming (turn your YouTube notifications on!) for those who could not make it, though. So keep an eye out!

5 Likes

You can also ask your questions here and those who were able to attend will incorporate their absorbed knowledge into the answers, so you benefit at least indirectly.

4 Likes

Thank You Dave, Sonder, Aaron & Cotty,
I’m all the more sorry I cannot attend, but I’ll catch whatever is broadcast!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to any of the live streaming you guys can provide, that would be awesome. I also like the idea about holding some follow up virtual sessions as suggested by @RTCool, I think that would be a great idea and would be well attended and highly appreciated by the SketchUp community as a whole.

4 Likes

I agree with medeek. I will be assisting the 3D Basecamp but there are so many interresting topics that I cannot assist to all of them unless I split myself in 2 or 3 or 4. So, a follow-up in the form of Youtube videos or other means will be more than welcome.

3 Likes

I think given people are flying across the world and paying $1000s to attend - having all the things online kinda makes that a little pointless.

1 Like

I am in! First timer and looking forward to it.
Is there a newbies section?

3 Likes

I don’t think you even come close to the experience of an in-person event with the online presentations. Besides the presentations at Basecamp there are a lot of other elements which make it something special. I don’t believe online presentations do anything to lessen the Basecamp experience, if anything it further augments the message and the available content.

2 Likes

I will be there, looking forward to meeting up and learning! I’m presenting about SketchUp for woodworkers, and CNC, Thursday and Friday

4 Likes

Is there any special channel for Basecamp on Youtube or will it be the regular SketchUp channel?

I’ve begun my journey and shall be arriving late this afternoon.

1 Like

Th 3D Basecamp 2022 app! Available for both iPhone and Android for free in their respective stores!

I’ve not begun my journey and will be spending the whole of basecamp doing old man stuff. I hope all of you make the absolute best of your time there, and raise a glass or two to absent friends.

7 Likes

:beers::clinking_glasses:

1 Like

We are missing a Box here.

5 Likes

I’m going to spend the week being jealous of those of you who were able to go. Would have gone in a heartbeat if my life permitted my absence. Next time.

2 Likes

I can’t make it this time but really enjoyed 2018! Disappointed the sessions won’t be recorded like in the past. Everybody have a ball!

2 Likes