Report on running SU 2022 on new 16" M1 Max MacBook Pro

I wanted to report that SU 2022 running as a native M1 app on my new M1 Max MBP is amazingly fast and responsive. This is a qualitative impression, but I couldn’t be happier with my performance. Be aware that my previous MBP was an ancient late 2013 15" MBP that, unknown to me when I purchased it, did NOT have a hardware GPU, only the standard Intel Iris Pro 5200 graphics (yes, Apple stupidly allowed such a configuration way back when!). Up until SU 2019, I got along OK with my previous MBP, but interactive performance of SU 2019 and newer (orbit, pan, zoom, inferencing, etc) completely tanked without a GPU, even on simple models. The new M1 Max doesn’t miss a beat. Please note that I have no way to compare the M1 Max performance vs the last Intel version of the MBP with their standard, or upgraded GPU options.

1 Like

Despite not having the ‘top notch’ hardware at that time, they did manage to have it set up in such a way that it worked and kept working all that time.
I wasted three comparable windows machines in the four years before I bought a 2013 Mac, which is now still used by my daughter.

1 Like