Recovering a Sketchup License from a broken PC

Hello everyone!

I am new to these forums, but I want to ask if we can recover a Sketchup Classic license from a computer if it crashes or breaks.

Thank you

You should have your license information in an e-mail. You can use that information to contact Customer Support so they can free the license from that computer. In the meantime, you should be able to add the license on a second machine if you haven’t already done so.

What version of SketchUp are you actually using? You profile indicates you are using the free web version which doesn’t require a license.

Thanks for the reply DaveR,
I currently use the free version, but I am considering buying the classic license and because it is nearly $700 I don’t want to lose it to a computer breaking, no matter how unlikely.

-Stay Safe

Buy the subscription license instead. There are a number of benefits to that. One of them is that you don’t have a license installed on a computer. You sign in with your e-mail address and a password. There’s no risk of losing or tying up the license on a crashed computer.

Thanks for all the advice Dave,

You will have to excuse me if I still buy the Classic license though. The subscription is prohibitively expense to my small hobby budget. :slight_smile:

It makes no difference to me which way you go. You do know that the Classic license is going away next month, right?

Yep, that’s why I have to buy it soon. Within 15 days I believe.

Before Nov 4

Indeed,
Have a good day and stay safe!