Question on using the "repair" option

The model file size is small because you only have a few different components but each component is pretty heavy in the entity count department. Most of that detail is lost in views in LO so simplifying the model would help a great deal.

If you have loaded ths into LO, and made some changes, how long does it take your computer?

I understand that, but …

I haven’t loaded the file into LO from SU. I just opened the SketchUp file from LO. It does take a while to update in LO after saving in SU but I also notice something strange in the SU file. I’m trying to change the Profiles width to 1 and I get an error message. I wonder if your model is corrupted somehow. More experimenting.

I would hope not. I ran a diagnostic on it and it came up fine.

And my question is not how large my file size is, or how to reduce poly counts, but why is LO so darn slow dealing with it? And how long does this file take to update/save on yours?

I’m just asking because if 3 to 5 minutes is the norm in LO, well good enough…

I don’t normally see 3-5 minutes and I regularly have much larger file sizes. I’m suspecting there’s an issue with the SU model that is resulting in the long updating and saving times in LO. Still experimenting.

It might not sound it, but I really do appreciate you taking the time to look at my problem. I really do!
Thank you Dave.

1 Like

Just saw this one, I would hope this model would live up to “better SU files”.

1 Like

I sent you a PM. :wink: