Question about Pro, print to pdf and Intel Integrated graphics

I’m think of purchasing some 2016 Pro licenses for a number of laptops with Intel Integrated Graphics (3000, 4000, and 5000 versions) and Windows 10. In the past with Sketchup Make, we’ve had print to pdf problems of various types. My question is, can printing to pdf / exporting to pdf problems have to do with Intel Integrated Graphics? The reason I ask is that for the recommend system requirements http://www.creationengine.com/html/p.lasso?p=19592 and SketchUp recommends discrete graphics.

Now, if problems with print/export to pdf don’t have anything to do with integrated versus discrete graphics, then I’m not concerned. If however SketchUp Pro support can confirm here that there are known issues with print/export to pdf and Intel Integrated Graphics (and maybe give a quick explanation why), then I may want to purchase laptops with discrete graphics first before installing SketchUp Pro 2016

Short answer: Yes.

Longer answer: What kinds of export/print problems do you have? At least wireframe output instead of hidden lines and faces can be tracked to poor OpenGL support.

If your models are small you might be able to manage if you turn off OpenGL Hardware Acceleration (Window menu>Preferences>OpenGL).

Anssi

Yes. Graphics cards/drivers can cause problems when printing as well as with on screen display. This has nothing to do with whether you are using SketchUp Make or SketchUp Pro.

You might search through the forum for Intel Integrated and see what you see. I think you’ll find many threads started by users having problems. Apparently Intel doesn’t do OpenGL support very well.