Question about my 2016 pro

Hello can I move one of my drawings from my 2016 Pro to the free version, which I have both on my computer? Then I wanted to be able to go to the warehouse and bring in some drawings from other folks into the drawing I created, if that makes sense and then post it in the warehouse. My 2016 Pro will not accept any drawings from the warehouse it will create problems for my 2016 Pro. Thanks in advance

You should be able to open your old file with the free web version but you won’t be able to save it back to SketchUp 2016 to reopen it back in 2016 later. Better, if you just want to get content from the 3DWH, find what you want in the Warehouse using your internet browser. Download the Collada version of the component. After you extract the contents of the downloaded zip file, use File>Import to import the .dae file into SketchUp.

Appreciate your response but I’ve been away for a while and I don’t know how to do any of that. I do realize I will not be able to move that drawing back into my 2016 Pro once I move it to the free version, just want to move this drawing with other content into the warehouse with my other drawing. Thanks

OK. If all you want to do is upload your model to the 3D Warehouse you can do that with the free web version. Or you could upload it via the 3D Warehouse in your internet browser. Up to you.

1 Like