Problem with Layout

Left clicking does nothing at all, except make the select arrow very slightly larger. Nothing gets selected. It doesn’t actually do anything.

I think there’s something wrong with the installation or perhaps the graphics. Left clicking on the viewport should select it with the blue bounding box like I showed above.

You didn’t lock the layer the viewport is on, did you? The only way I can get the short menu you showed while right clicking over the viewport is if I have the viewport on a locked layer.

The viewport here is on the “Default” layer which is locked.

I zoomed right out and somehow got a selection window, pulled it over the drawing and the blue lines and arrows appeared. But then when I right click, got the same old popup. When I left click and move it around, the select arrow kind of erases the blue lines. Its very odd.

I think the initial screenshot was a bit misleading because a right click should show more options, per what Dave shows.

Glad you guys figured it out.

While it may not be the cleanest way to organize a layout document, I do occasionally alter a SU view in Layout, it just gets saved as a “modified” version of that scene. However it will then be an “orphan” view which will not update with corresponding scene changes in SU, but any further modelling changes will update in the (modified) scene.

None of the layers are locked. It may well be an installation problem. I try to reinstall it.

Good luck. It’s bed time here.

Thanks a lot for your help! One last question,
Can I download layout from within sketchup, so make sure I get the compatible app?

LayOut is included in the Sketchup Pro download file. That’s the only way you can get it.

Ok. Have a good night!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.