Private "lounge" for people with "Regular" badge - How to access?

I was just re-granted the “Regular” badge:
https://forums.sketchup.com/badges/3/regular
(This is a badge based on forum activity which can be lost through inactivity)

In the description, it says one of the benefits is “access a private lounge area”.

I’m not seeing how to access this.

Any pointers?

The only private lounges (categories) I’ve seen switched on were the Sage’s lounge and (temporarily) the SketchUp Free (my.sketchup) category whilst it was in beta.

Pinging @SketchUp_Moderator

Perhaps this is a case where old information (the existence of a ‘private lounge area’ for people with the ‘regular’ badge) remains but the benefit either never existed or no longer exists?

1 Like

I wondered about this too, never seen it. Maybe you and I are blackballed and no one will tell us :thinking:.

2 Likes

First rule about the private lounge; Don’t talk about the private lounge!

I THINK that is some old verbiage, possibly from a template from Discourse.

5 Likes

There is also the certified content developer area

1 Like

AFAIK, the only “private” category is the Piazza where Sages & SU team members can discuss/resolve housekeeping issues. I am not sure that the regular status ever had access to a special lounge area, but this must have been intended early on b/c something of that nature was alluded to.

More detail on USER TRUST LEVELS can be found at thIs LINK.

(The following is copied from Discourse FAQ)

Users at trust level 3 (regular) can…

-recategorize and rename topics
-access a private “frequent flier’s lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
-have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow1.5k)
-spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately hide the post
-flags cast on TL0 user posts in sufficient diversity will auto-silence the user and hide all their posts
-make their own posts wiki (that is, editable by any TL1+ users)
-Daily like limit increased by 2 ×

2 Likes

The other possibility is that this is an option in Discourse that we do not take advantage of… But that’s how we roll… get all the info out there for everyone to share!

2 Likes

Aaron’s right! That was something Discourse added but we never took advantage of. It’s been removed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! Score one for the A-Team!

3 Likes

Ding Ding Ding! Clear answer - with honorable mention to @TheOnlyAaron - plus action taken to remove the source of my confusion! Checkmark: Bestowed.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.