Print to scale in Sketchup Make

UPDATE: Workaround gets more complicated. In the print above, some of the lines were missing (not printed). I thought by playing with styles and background colors I could fix this. But after several attempts (setting styles to edges, white background, RGB 255…) all of the prints had missing line work. Then I realized that all the linework that were not on the screen because of zoom-in were not printed. To get all the lines to print, zoom extents is the maximum zoom you can do. However, that produces a 3-page print, with blank pages 1 and 3, the actual model on page 2…

This is where a small bug comes in. When you try printing small objects (smaller than a sheet of paper) to full scale and you have the “Use model extents” box checked in the Print dialog, the print will take more than one page. The workaround is to resize your SketchUp window so that as little white space as possible is visible around your model, and print to scale with the box unchecked. Another workaround is to scale your model up by 10 or 100 and then print to 1:10 or 1:100 scale.

The Print function in SketchUp Pro and Make is absolutely identical. Pro users have the advantage of the LayOut application for a more sophisticated control of page layout and printed output.

Anssi

Taz couple tibits of info to add;
What is printed is image of your screen;
SU knows the native resolution of the monitor, the dpi of printer and of course the dimensions of your model + page settings which includes pixel allowances for the margins. The last time I measured it was 250 pixels at top and ~ 25 else where pending on tool bars;
It cant therefore determine the print page size and if it does not fit then it tile prints thus the extra pages.
BTW your model at top of post prints one page on my system ( that model is w/o dimensions). If yoy try in portrait mode ( model with dimensions) it will tile print because of dimensions, set to land scape if you want full page print.

On the Sketchup screen, I expanded the drawing to fill the window and then selected PrtScr to copy the image to the clipboard. You can then bring up MS Word and paste the image to a page and size it to fit the page. Then all you have to do is print the page. I only have the free version and do not have the layout tab.