Weld Mode for the Line Tool

I have the following feature request - something for a wish list. A polyline function that continuously draw line segments and at the same time welds them segment by segment. I have looked for something like this in the extension manager but I have not been able to find anything like it. Compare for instance the Polyline function in AutoCAD. It doesn’t have to have the option of arcs like in autoCAD, ordinary straight line segments would do, the thing is that the drawing should be continuous and that they should be welded immediately.

1 Like

Although it doesn’t take much to triple click and hit Weld.

I haven’t used it myself, but shouldn’t Eneroth’s AutoWeld extension do this? It is in the Extension Warehouse.

They are about to decapitate the freehand polyline creation

It would be functional if normal edges could be used instead of the freehand tool…

Yes the request title is was misleading. What is requested is really a weld mode for the Line tool.

• Thanks @dezmo for clarifying the request title :slight_smile:

No, it is utility plugin, not a tool (that welds as the curve is drawn.) It acts upon existing edges via selection (after the fact.) And upon geometry after creation with the FollowMe tool.

Not to say that the Auto Weld extension would not be useful. There will be many times that existing geometry would need to be welded after the fact, … imported components, models received from outside sources, etc.

1 Like