Plugin Touch Orbit

Hi,
I released a small Plugin call “Touch Orbit”. The script used the Overlay feature of SketchUp API 2023 to help users easier in orbit and pan while modeling, even while another tool is running.

Release Note:

Plugin: Touch Orbit

Version: 1.0.0

This tool is designed to help SketchUp users who work with touch pads or touch screens to easily orbit the model while modeling. With the new Overlay feature in SketchUp 2023 API, we were able to create a simple and intuitive tool that takes full advantage of touch controls, providing a more immersive and efficient SketchUp experience. Whether you’re using a laptop with a touchpad or a tablet with a touch screen, Touch Orbit is a good tool for anyone looking to streamline their SketchUp workflow.

Apply coupon vbofree to download for free, or buy me a beer with $1
*Get the plugin here:https://www.kcdallc.com/product-page/touch-orbit

Product Specs:

• Compatible with SketchUp 2023 or later

• Requires the Overlay feature in SketchUp 2023 API

• Works with touch pads and touch screens

• Provides an intuitive touch-based orbit control for 3D models

• Simple and easy-to-use interface

• Lightweight and fast performance

2 Likes

I treated you to a beer, but at $1 I imagine it will be a small beer.

Is there a way for the touch orbit button to go to under the cursor? As it stands it looks like the button sits there all the time, in the middle of the screen, and you can only orbit around the geometry that happens to be behind the button at the time.

I can adjust it a little bit, for example, holding Alt key for orbit ?

This may be due to the currently implemented draw order of overlays vs tools.
There are some open complaints by extension developers on this subject.

I may have been misunderstanding what the tool does. If it’s used as a quick way to orbit or look around, while in other tools, and on a device that doesn’t have a mouse wheel, they how it works is ok.