Plugin Extension HouseBuilder How to INSTALL?

@TIG Thanks TIG…You guys are greatly appreciated…I know I sound like a dummy on occasion, but thanks for your patience and understanding…KUDOS to you all!!!

Ozekisan

please help I’ve have tried everything and I cannot get housebuilder plug in to show up in tools or preferences. I’m trying to complete framing for a tiny house and have tried everything that I have found and nothing works. I can’t rename the rp files I right click to rename and no opton for it am I missing something? Please help.

What “rp file”? To what are you trying to rename this file?

Where did you get the Housebuilder extension that you are trying to install? There no need to rename anything.

I downloaded house builder for sketchup but apparently I didn’t store the file in the right sketchup folder because when I went in to tools it wasn’t there. So I tried moving it in to a few different folders in sketchup and still nothing. So I read a few responses that said try adding the extension through preferences but that didn’t work either and I’m not sure of what else to try.

I got it Ruby library.

My impression is that the Ruby library has often not been updated for some time.

See TIG’s earlier post for a more up to date source, in the current .rbz format which WILL install using Preferences/Extensions/Install Extension. You will save yourself much grief.

As John wrote, the version in the Ruby library has not been updated. The link TIG provided will get you to the updated versions.

After you download it from Sketchucation, use Preferences>Extensions>Install Extension to install it.

You should remove any files you already dumped into the various folders.

I don’t have the link for TIG version can you send please?

See the second post in this thread.

It’s already been posted three times in this thread - twice by TIG and once by me referencing TIG’s post - just a few posts back.

You aren’t making it easy to help you.

John this is my first time on this thread so I’m not familiar with where
everything is. So that might be why. if you’re going to be testy about it
don’t bother. thanks.

Sorry, didn’t mean to be tetchy, and I don’t normally get that way either.

But please do read what’s already been said. This is a forum that does really try to help, and so do I.

Generally on any forum like this, it’s a good idea to read through the thread before you post in it. With a thread like this one with over 30 posts and nearly 18,000 views, there’s a good chance your question has already been answered.

2 Likes

ok. Thank you. I’m going to go back and find it to give it a try.
Thanks, again!

Success! Thank you guys!! I really appreciate your help!

I’ve been there John but I don’t seem to locate it even though Ive down loaded other programs

Did you follow the link in TIG’s post? It’s the second reply in this thread. When you follow it, you will see TIG’s post there with links to the metric and imperial versions.

Yes Dave I have it just takes me to another forum.

It takes you to the Sketchucation forum post with the links to the two versions of the Housebuilder extension. You do need to sign up for a membership there but there’s no charge for that.

I’ve just tried it it took me to a description of why it would not read a rb file ect but no link at all I appreciate your suggestion thanks