Plot Sheet set up

Hi can anyone tip me some ideas on how to set up your plot sheet on layout or scaling?

There are free online courses and tutorials about LayOut at learn.sketchup.com .

Yes i went through the course but i can’t see any specific lesson or explanation base on scaling on layout…That’s the reason i ask if anyone can make me to understand from here?

When you import your SketchUp model with a scene using a parallel projection view, you can set the scale in the SketchUp Model tray when the viewport is selected. The “paper” in LayOut is always to full scale.

Well am thinking of there may be some standard procedures to fellow …,

And one thing confused me is that, is it that when i say 10cm=1m on paper in real life means that 10cm from the paper has to 1m on the plot? pleased clear this for me please…

It would be strange and awkward to use scale in the way you interpret it, a house 10 by 10 meters would be a paper plan 100 by 100 meters…
Not practical at all and thats the only reason to use scale. To have a plan that is practical and handy to use…
So scaled plans and maquettes are usually smaller than the real thing unless you want to show something that is so small in real life that you have to scale up to make it visible/readable…

Don’t worry, I covered the scaling thing on their other thread. :wink: no risk of drawing asuper huge house by accident :smiley:

I’m not worried and I allready read your post on the other/double thread…
I’m having trouble with the fact that someone can interpret scale the other way round…
It just doesn’t make sense…
Edit: I know you’re not an architect (from your profile description…) but if you were, wouldn’t you be surprised if a client called you and asked you why you sent a plan say A0 instead of a sheet of paper 100x100 meters???

BTW, what is a “plot sheet”? There is no such thing in SketchUp or LayOut. Are you planning to use a 35 years old pen plotter? Are you coming from an AutoCad background? If you are, the pages of a LayOut document are equivalent to AutoCad paper space tabs, but to create “Model space viewports” you import separate SketchUp models. Those models are created to full scale (1:1, 1m=1m…) in SketchUp and then the viewport in LayOut is given a scale that is usually much smaller than 1, depending on the use of the resulting “drawing”.

hahaha, I sure would be, but as I mentioned on the other thread, the way ML express scales was actually used at least with hand drawings, instead of 1cm:Xcm we would use Xcm per m.
and yeah, switching from hand drawing to CAD usually meant a few scale mistakes :slight_smile: