Please help! SketchUp Free lost ALL of my projects!

I’ve been working in the web-based SketchUp Free version on a bathroom design for the past few days. I have been consistently saving and I know the app was auto-saving as well. I had 2 designs including this one in my library. The bathroom was titled “Siller” and there was a “garden” design as well. While working on the “Siller” Bathroom design this morning in Chrome, the browser page suddenly went blank and showed the Google “Aw-snap! Something went wrong” page. Then I reloaded the page and ALL of my projects were gone! I tried logging out and back in, restarting my browser, and restarting my computer and have no luck. Please help! I need to get this project done in 2 days for a client.

This doesn’t help you get the projects back but you’re violating the terms of service you agreed to by using SketchUp Free for work you are doing for a client. You need to be using SketchUp Pro or SketchUp Shop.

As far as getting access to your files again, try clearing the Chrome caches and then go directly to your Trimble Connect account instead of going through SketchUp Free.

2 Likes

That should read SketchUp Pro or SketchUp Shop for commercial usage, Make also doesn’t have commercial usage licence.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.