Please help! Probably simple curve problem has me stymied :/

“…don’t have a ship design program…” ?

http://www.delftship.net/DELFTship/index.php/delftship/delftship-free

Sorry, if I missunderstand “hull” (missing information about what You are doing).
I am using “shell” (thomthom). It´s not perfect (beta-version or so), but much more better than nothing. Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

I really like it !

p.s.: It adds thickness to the surface inside selected groups and components. This plugin is in alpha stage. (original ThomThom-text)

I appreciate you input miller.

Cool, I appreciate that miller.

Do you do any kind of boat design?

Boat-design less or more.
The beginning was the whish to digitalize a real existing rc-boat-model what I own.
Later came the whish to print parts for that model with my 3D-printers. Therefore hulls are needed, and only expensive programs like NETFABB-pro offer this.

Now I am working with models not ship and not airplaine - like ORLENOK.

I import models from the 3D-Warehouse or convert flightsimulater-models with ModelConverterX.
It´s a lot of work to make printable parts from this sources.

Sorry I miss -lead you . Was not implying some SU plugin but it colud be used to check your RAC points to see how accurate it is. However, now I under stand what you are doing would not recommend that approach since it would be too much of manual approach for boat hull. Delft Ship $ is very complete , the free version is limited and does not export skp file export.
If you have cross sections Fredo’s Curviloft plugin can de useful.

Delft Ship Free: Export to various 2D/3D file formats (.STL, .DXF, .OBJ, .GHS etc.)

I did it - it works fine (do not remind STL, DXF or OBJ - just try it !)

Behind the imported Delft-Model the “Blackpearl” (warehouse-import)

I’m not sure if this helps or not but I’ll add my two cents worth. I deleted the arcs and using just the lines from the Curve Problem.skp file I drew an arc from the second from the left to the second from the right so that it just passed across the top of the two central lines. Then cutting the lines I drew from, I continued the arc from the end of the first one (forcing the tangent arc) over to the top of the next lines in the sequence and then pasted the first lines in place and did this same procedure on the next segments until reaching the axis line.

Here is my result:

Curve Problem_yantski.skp (101.9 KB)

Interesting, thanks.

Ya, wasn’t thinking of a plugin but grasped the magnitude of the manual approach.

I don’t have cross sections but I’m looking into DELFTship or a trial of Autoship.

Thanks.

Pretty impressive yantski.

Thanks.

Search the 3d ware house. You should find models there also.
I would suggest you spend a short time learning SU and what is required to 3 d print a model.
Start with a simple cube and make it solid which means it must be " water tight" and look for youtube videos on same subject. There are plugins to help you along, both SU and others. Many of commercial printers have some; Netfab ( free) from Shapeways ;Meshmixer ( free ) from i_materialize https://i.materialise.com/blog/5-mistakes-to-avoid-when-designing-a-3d-model-for-3d-printing/; then ThomTom’s solid inspector ( Su plugin) and the one mention above; TIGs solid solver ( SU) .
Start with simple boat hull , Black Pearl, too complex for first go. To keep cost down, if you plan on having someone do print for you,the model needs to have some wall thickness in like 1mm range ( see link I gave you). Otherwise the whole model will be considered solid( means much more materila used) cost about 7x vs. wall thickness approach.
Good Luck.