I tried tt_su's hints (adapted to my Windows 8 PC setup, that is), but didn't succeed: SketchUp just sits there and seems to be frozen.
Here is what I am doing:
- installed SketchUp 2014 to "D:\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp.exe"
- installed RubyMine 6 to "C:\Program Files (x86)\JetBrains\RubyMine
6.0.1\bin\rubymine.exe" & made sure that it (and Ruby's debugger) works flawlessly
- installed SketchUp-Ruby-API Debugger from https://github.com/SketchUp/sketchup-ruby-debugger by putting the (32 bit-) version of "SURubyDebugger.dll" into the respective SketchUp root directory, that is: "D:\SketchUp 2014\SURubyDebugger.dll"
- made a small test-script, containing just the following:
puts "Hello World!"
Sketchup.active_model.entities.add_line [0,0,0], [9,9,9]
puts "thats all folks!"
This script I made inside RubyMine into a new RubyMine project "SketchUpTest" as a file named "HelloSketchUpWorld.rb", that is:
As tt_su suggested, I created a "Ruby remote debug" entry. I gave it the „Name“ = „SketchUp 2014“, set:
- remote port = 7000,
- local port = 26162 (that is, its "magic" default)
- remote root = local root = "C:\Users\kr\RubymineProjects\SketchUpTest“ (that is, to where my HelloSketchUpWorld.rb file is lcoated
-Perhaps that is already wrong and in conflict with SU's defaults(?). Anyway, I adapted the VBS script to match my instance of Sketchup.exe:
Set objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run("""D:\SketchUp 2014\SketchUp.exe"" -rdebug ""ide port=7000""")
Set objShell = Nothing
So far, so good. Some „OK“s later, I'm back in RubyMine's regular main window. There, a right click on the „SketchUpTest“ project now offers a „Debug SketchUp“ group with my newly created „Invoke SketchUp 2014 Remote Debug“ item in it. Selecting it, the VBS-script starts and shoots up SketchUp 2014, but afterwards, SketchUp just sits there and does.. ..nothing! Just displays Win 8's hour-glass, -seems it is waiting forever in remote mode that RubyMine connects.
Alt-Tab back to RubyMine doesn't help either: wscript.exe tells that it successfully finished to run the VBS, but the HelloSketchUpWorld.rb script is not shown running (no matter whether one has set breakpoints on any of the three code lines in before or not), no console window or whatever else.
-What is wrong with my settings? I guess that the directories might conflict, but am not sure.
I'm happy to write & publish a step-by-step tutorial once I got that beast working, but for the moment being, I'm truly lost..