Please help me review these PC specs for new purchase

Hi y’all.
I would greatly appreciate help to determine if this desktop PC meets specs. I’m using SketchUp Pro requirements as a baseline since it’s the ‘heaviest’ thing I will ever run (I’m not a gamer). I’m not a build-your-own kind of person, so I’ve just been searching for something off the shelf. I was truly hoping to find an all-in-one HP but 'can’t find a 27" monitor with anything other than the Intel 5 processor!
Instead, I think this desktop model with the AMD Ryzen 7 4700G will work. Do you think the 16GB version of it will run the program really well? I’d prefer not to jump up to 32GB unless it’s definitely needed.
AMD Ryzen 7 4700G 3.6GHz/4.4GHz
RAM: 16GB
SSD: 1TB
… am I forgetting anything else important?
Here’s what I’ve got in my shopping cart:

TIA!~ Deb

A video card.

Edit: I looked at your shopping cart and you are actually getting a pre built machine. It has AMD graphics but doesn’t specify any specs.

This machine SHOULD be fine with moderate sketchup work. It’s not a beast but I’ve seen people get by just fine with less.

2 Likes

Thank you, kindly. Yeah, I’m not trying to build my own. The listing states AMD Radeon Graphics, and if I’ve gotten the model# correct, HP’s site agrees, integrated.

As it is a desktop computer, there is probably room to retrofit a graphics card later if you are dissatisfied with the performance of the integrated video.

3 Likes

Thank you. I hadn’t thought about that. I wish I could use one of those build-your-own sites - I’ve tried but, the end-product becomes ridiculously expensive, and I always worry I’ve picked the wrong components anyway. LOL.

Good specs. I am not a fan of on-board graphics but the AMD ones are better than intel. Since this is a system with shared graphics and shared memory I’d upgrade to the 32 gb ram. Other than that it looks like a good PC.

@Anssi made a great point on looking at an add on card down the road. Perhaps an Nvidia one.
Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: