Please don’t downgrade!

I guess there are a lot of requests for upgrades. I’m just asking that the current downgrade is not permanent!
I make my SketchUp model, and take it to Layout, great!
Then I need to amend the SU model. Sometime later I open the LO sheet, but the alert message telling me the model is out-of-date no longer appears. This happened maybe a year ago and I’ve been waiting for the fix, but it still hasn’t come.
Please?!
(Mac, current OS, and up-to-date SU pro)

How are you getting the SketchUp file into LayOut? What does the reference to the SketchUp file look like? Is it the exact same path and name as the SketchUp model file you’ve been editing? What does the Status indicate?

Hi Dave -
How are you getting the SketchUp file into LayOut? Either way - open a LO template and import, or from within SU, using File > Send to LO
What does the reference to the SketchUp file look like? It looks as it should look, except blue text, The path is correct but the Status is Old
Is it the exact same path and name as the SketchUp model file you’ve been editing? Yes
What does the Status indicate? Old. Because it’s out of date.

LO used to throw up an alert saying the model is out of date, but it stopped doing that at one particular upgrade. (I think the alert may still be there for PC users…?)

Hi Paul,

OK. So in LayOut’s Preferences>StartUp is there a tick box for Allow checking for updates and is that tick box checked?
Screenshot - 6_28_2022 , 3_58_02 PM

Yes, the box for software updates is checked. (Window looks slightly different to yours)

We have found the issue that caused this problem on mac and the fix should appear in our next release, whenever that may be.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Adam

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks.

Rather, it’s not great. More companies are making beta testers out of users. It’s sad…

2 Likes

You should have A LOT better idea about your time lines than saying this !!!

They may have a very precise understanding of the timeline, but are not permitted to talk about it in precise terms.

4 Likes

There is likely a lot more in the next planned release than this one issue. The date may depend on other issues whose solutions are still in progress and not ready to publish.

1 Like

Both of these statements are accurate. Thank you all for your understanding on this.

I apologize that we missed this in our internal testing and verification. It always pains me when I see that we unintentionally broke something in a release, but I do appreciate the forum users that point out these issues to us so that we can fix them as soon as possible.

Adam

3 Likes