Placing object on table both from 3D Warehouse

I am trying to place an object that I pulled from the 3D Warehouse onto a table that I also pulled from the 3D Warehouse. For some reason, it will not let me keep the item placed on the table. When I use the rotate model feature, it pulls the item that I had placed on the table all around the screen with me. I thought maybe that I had to use the Intersect Faces between the item I wanted to place on the table and the table itself. I tried that and my computer clocked forever and didn’t do anything and basically froze up.

Any tips for placing this object on the table?

Check to see if it’s a dynamic component (Right-Click->Dynamic Component-Options). It may or may not have visible attributes/options that lock the object to a certain spot.

I can’t explain the rest of your issues, sorry.

Thanks for responding. I right clicked on both objects and I do not see any attributes or options at all for either object, the table or the item that I am placing on it. Its weird, the table stays in place, but the 3D Printer that I am trying to place on the table will just float around the room that I am modeling when using the Orbit feature to look around the room, etc.

Can you post the 3dwarehouse link?

The table or the 3D Printer?

3D printer, or both. I want to see if I get same problem

Did you place the printer on the table or does it look like the printer is on the table. Did you use the inferencing system for moving the printer to the table?

3D Printer

Check out this awesome @SketchUp model on @3DWarehouse: MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer | 3D Warehouse

Table

Check out this awesome @SketchUp model on @3DWarehouse: Glass Table Glass Table | 3D Warehouse

I would say that it looks like its on the table. Im not familiar with the inferencing feature. Is that the route to look into for this type of activity?

Yes, you will need this all the time: http://help.sketchup.com/de/article/70143

1 Like

You can download them here, I’ve put them into the same file.
They moved around fine for me, and I was able to place the printer onto the table (and scale down the 60’ printer).
So nothing seems wrong with the objects.

Thanks so much for helping me with this. I will also look at the inferencing feature as it appears to be a feature that I need to learn anyways. Thanks to all!!