Placing an item from the warehouse in a specific spot in my model

Hi Sketchup folks. I have been using SU for a couple years now and I love it. I was making a drawing that needed a 1959 Nash Metropolitan mini car. I found one at the warehouse and told it to load into my design. Once it wentthere, I had to chase it around trying to get it to the axis crux. Is there a way to click on the axis origin and have it pop onto where i want it/ Thankyou in advance for any help you can provide. My other question is that I was wonder if there is ANY way to get a high quality print of my model? The options I have seen only produce poor quality low resolution images, with little resemblance to my model. Perhaps a third party program or plugin. Thanks…And keep up the good work!

If the component was made properly with its origin in the right location, it would be a simple thing to drop the component where you want it in your model. I expect the author didn’t locate the origin correctly but you can change its location by right clicking on the component and choosing Change Axes. Then place the axes where you need them to be. I would be inclined to set the axes and then bring in a new copy from the In Model Components window and drop it where you want it.

Thankyou for your advise DaveR. I was hoping I could select an object and click,say, where the 3 axes meet, so the item will snap to that point of my model.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.