Personal SketchUp Project (LEGO Millennium Falcon)

The Lepin model is a carbon-copy of the Lego model. Both have two different antennas that you can swap (the round dish from the original trilogy, the rectangular one from the latest trilogy)

Sure!

Rectangle shaped radar dish on the falcon was introduced in TFA - the dish was added after the falcon lost the round dish during the destroy of the second death star in ROJ.
In the Rise of Skywalker the falcon gets the round radar dish back - but a bit bigger.

2 Likes

As it seems, I have been working with Skatter my whole childhood!
My dad made a wooden box with too little dividers, so I always just turned it upside down on the table for easier access and overview

7 Likes

Extraordinary! Well done.

1 Like

Look so real :o
Really nice work !

I don’t know who this guy is, but when I came across his photo, I just had to share … what a happy face :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10 Likes

Don’t tease me!!!

2 Likes

@tt_su no way, that’s obviously fake, those forearms are far too strong.

1 Like

Well, they would have to be! Look at the size of that Lego box!

3 Likes

Check out this WIRED link for the real build as a comparison. ps. love your work.

7 Likes

As a reward for my wife’s patience during her involuntary StayCation, she now has a new project to keep her busy:

7 Likes

What a lucky girl…

1 Like

This morning, she discovered that a piece was missing (bag 5). She went online to order a replacement and it will be four to five weeks before it gets here. However, by robbing Peter to pay Paul, she found a replacement piece in bag 13. Thirty minutes ago, she discovered another missing piece. She tried to order a replacement, but it’s out of stock. She found one from bag 7 to use in the meantime, but she’s going to be dead in the water soon.

Personally, I’m disappointed in LEGO. They’ve always been pretty religious about making sure all of the parts are there. I’m only hoping that she doesn’t discover more :frowning:

Missing parts aren’t a problem when you’re making virtual models in SketchUp :wink:

next step is to buy a 3D printer …

2 Likes

I’ve got a printer and I’m considering printing parts if necessary. LEGOs have an extremely tight tolerance so it’ll probably be a hit-or-miss thingy.

2 Likes

Or print out the parts at Duplo size and have the biggest, baddest Falcon ever!

2 Likes

#NewMissionInLife

2 Likes

BTW, I came across an odd part for a spaceship. On top of the cockpit, there’s a six-shooter tucked away if needed:

4 Likes

This is sad, I’ve never had a lego kit with missing pieces… at the price point of this kit, i would definitely expect some better QA.

2 Likes