Paint Bucket - Unable to Edit Materials

Hello there. Just some quick background here. I recently downloaded SketchUp Pro 2015 (64 bit - PC version) on my Dell Inspiron 15 (7000 series). Operating system is Windows 8.1 Like others had mentioned in earlier posts, I had trouble initially downloading the 64 bit SketchUp Pro program I ordered as the program would continually crash (said it was possibly related to my graphic card, Intel HD Graphics 5500). As recommended by tech support, I installed the 34 bit program instead. The crashing stopped but now I am experiencing another problem.

When I open a model and try to eliminate/delete materials in the model via paint bucket (right click on material to delete), the program will freeze for at least 5 minutes. If I try to click out of paint bucket entirely, the program crashes. The only thing I can think of is that the original model was created in MAC but I don’t think that should be a problem as the only challenge for MAC to PC models is Bit Map reading. The materials I’m trying to delete are colors swatches that were jpegs and imported into SketchUp via “new materials”.

I’m really hoping there’s some clean up on the SketchUp Pro 2015 64 bit so I can use that correct model on my PC. I have had no problems on SketchUp Pro on my MAC but really need to use my PC version as well.

Hoping someone can help me here. Thank you.

You can try to close the outliner window if it’s open and see if it makes a difference. Is there a small example model with that behaviour that you can share here?

You could try using the paint bucket to fill the appropriate surfaces with “default”, then using the option in [Window | Model info] to purge unused.

Thanks for replying Cotty. I didn’t have the outliner window open. Only thing I had open was the paint bucket screen. Will try to get an example but it’s simply just the regular screen with the paint bucket small screen and a spinning wheel.