Page names disappearing

Has anyone else experienced the names that they’ve given to their layout pages spontaneously disappearing at random? There doesn’t appear to be a pattern to it, though it has been happening more frequently lately.

I’ve never seen that. Do they disappear while you are working or when you reopen a file?

What version of SketchUp/LayOut? Please complete your profile.

Sketchup 2018, and sorry, I didn’t realize I hadn’t filled it all out! It’s done now.
It happens when re-opening files. There have been some other odd behaviours in Sketchup and Layout recently, perhaps I need to do a uninstall and re-install it fresh and see if that helps. It’s been over a year since the last update, perhaps things are going buggy because of that??

Maybe you just need to repair the installation. Probably too far back to remember but when you installed SketchUp 2018, did you right click on the downloaded installer file and choose Run as administrator from the context menu? If not, you could have all sorts of odd behaviors. At this point I would do that now. Make sure you quit out of both SketchUp and LayOut, find the installer or download it again and then run it as above. Don’t just double click on it. When it starts, it’ll ask if you want to repair or uninstall. Choose the repair option. Then going forward, keep an eye on it.

Thanks for updating that info is often very helpful when trying to diagnose problems.

Thanks! I’ll give that a shot. Much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like