Outliner function has gone squirrely - SU 2023 Pro

Hi,

I was away from my models for a few days and when I returned I found the OUTLINER behavior had changed radically. None of the named elements or categories remained. All were simply named ‘Group’ and nested under a folder named ‘Building.’ Clicking on an element in the model did not go to its Outliner entry.

However, the names of the Outliner elements and categories ARE VISIBLE in the tool bar at the top of the window . . . but NOT in the Outliner window.

This is very tough . . . it’s a complex model. I’m not sure how to reconstruct the linkages between the elements in the model and the Outliner. The Outliner function is too valuable not to use.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

There are no folders in Outliner. Is it possible you are referring to nested objects?

What toolbar are you referring to?

Is it possible you are confusing Outliner with Tags? There is a tool palette for Tags. There isn’t for Outliner, though.

Share the .skp file so we can see what you are working with. SketchUp 2023 has not changed since the fall of last year and it wouldn’t have just made changed.

1 Like