Out of the Box

Each have their own foibles. I use gifcam mostly despite the fact it crashes and burps and plays up, I prefer it to licecap, and I use screenpresso for the rare vids that I do.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a Screenpresso video.

6 Likes

A bit of copper and brass bondage.

13 Likes

try ā€œscreentogifā€ https://www.screentogif.com/

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what I use. And you even have access to the source code if you want to add features :wink:

2 Likes

A bit of a useful tip I posted elsewhere, from quite some time back.
More Fredo hidden delights.
Thrupaint

21 Likes

Iā€™m curious about these gifs, as I mentioned above, this is a Gallery thread and as such people expect to see renderings and such. All the usual suspects come here to see what I have posted but perhaps the tips arenā€™t getting to people that could benefit from them.
Would it be more appropriate for me to create a Tips and Trick thread in the tutorials section for these gifs. I imagine many new users donā€™t spend much time looking at gallery posts, but do sort through the tutorials looking for help.
Iā€™m quite happy just throwing them in here, but donā€™t mind making a separate thread if people think it would be useful.

2 Likes

+1
I think you are right in assuming that more people, new to SketchUp, would benefit from a separate ā€œTips and Tricksā€ thread, preferably in the Tutorials section.

How about ā€œBox of/with tips and tricksā€

6 Likes

Looks crazy :slight_smile:

PS. Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good thought. The fact that what you create is also instructional kind of blurs the distinction.

1 Like

The little birthdaycake on users profile are to celebrate the day they joined this forum, not their actual day of birth. We do not know how old box is, or when his birthday is due, but a few posts back, he left us a clueā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

I discovered this few hours later :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was stuck in traffic when you posted this Mike, phone in a holder, I read your post and thought to myself, What on earth did I say?
Scrolled up a few posts!!!
Watch your back boy, Iā€™ll be coming for you in Vancouver!

Although I must admit I am old enough to remember the delivery of our families first TV, an enormous black and white thing that took ages to warm up and had 2 channels to choose from. I was very young.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve done the hard part, now itā€™s up to someone else to make the rest of the elephant.
Trunk

11 Likes

sorry box, I believe TT did the hard partā€¦

Iā€™ll make the skatesā€¦
john

1 Like

For a second I thought I had read Fredo, selfhealing forum postsā€¦

1 Like

My mind just got blown. I havenā€™t even learned to crawl yet.

1 Like

A couple of before and after SUbD renders.
Same scene, same render settings.
No fancy colours or textures.
Just a geometry comparison to help people understand how SUbD deforms the shapes.

16 Likes

A little Sunday afternoon Pie play.
I donā€™t use the Pie tool often but itā€™s very handy here.
PieArray

18 Likes

An extrapolation of the above technique with a twist and a christmassy feelā€¦

13 Likes